INSEAD will admit around 16 to 20 students each year (roughly 8-10 per campus). We are looking for highly motivated individuals interested in pursuing a career as a professor in business. A clear interest in academic research, a passion for learning and a creative intellect are needed to succeed in the programme. You do not need to have formal research experience or a business background to apply, nor do you need a graduate degree or work experience to be admitted.
Applying to INSEAD
Applications to our PhD in Management Programme for the next available intake (September 2014) are fully electronic and will be made available in early Fall this year. The deadline for submission of application will be on December 10, 2013, Tuesday. Online forms not fully completed with all the required information will not be reviewed by the PhD Admissions Committee. A non-refundable application fee of 50 Euros will be payable online together with the online applications.
Candidates apply for admission in one of the six specialisation fields (Decision Sciences, Finance, Marketing, Organisational Behaviour, Strategy, or Technology and Operations Management ), and are assessed on the basis of: outstanding intellectual ability, motivation, faculty recommendations and potential for an international academic career.
In order to apply you must have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university.
An official GMAT* or GRE* score on a test taken less than five years ago.
(this requirement cannot be waived under any circumstances).
- TOEFL* score report on a test taken less than two years before (if English is not your first language, or if you do not have a degree from an institution where English was the medium of instruction. If you do, you are automatically exempt from the TOEFL exam. Your degree transcripts from the English speaking institution will suffice as proof - no formal waiver is required).**
- The application form (including a statement of purpose), which will be available and posted online in early September.
- Official transcripts from each school attended (scanned copies to be uploaded in PDF format). You do not need to send any paper documents or hard copies until admitted to the programme.
- Scanned, certified copies of all university diplomas in PDF format (uncertified photocopies will NOT be accepted) unless the award of the degree is specified on your final official transcript
- Three letters of recommendation describing academic potential (preferably from faculty or scholars; however, professional recommendations are also accepted).
Completed applications should be submitted by December 10, 2013 for year of entry in Septebmer 2014. Applications received after that date will not be considered and incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Processing of applications begins in January, and candidates are advised of admissions decisions in mid to late March.
If you are accepted to INSEAD, we will ask that you provide us with original or official, certified copies of your degree diplomas and transcripts. However, scanned PDF copies will suffice for the application stage and for the purpose of meeting the deadline. You do not need to send ANY hard copies to us at the application stage - the process is fully electronic. Please email us: PhD.email@example.com for any questions.
*NB. The Code Centers for the PhD Programme are: 3244 (GRE/INSEAD's PhD in France), 7324 (GRE/INSEAD's PhD in Singapore) and DL3-S8-08 (GMAT). TOEFL code is 3244.
A word about the TOEFL exam
** Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL test unless they have a university degree from an institution where the curriculum was taught exclusively in English. With a degree taught primarily in English, applicants are automatically exempt from the TOEFL requirement and will be granted a waiver without prior approval. On the application, simply select “not applicable” when asked for the TOEFL score. The degree transcripts will suffice as proof. Nothing further is needed for the exemption - it will be automatically granted with a completed application and transcripts from your degree in English.