Details & Deadlines
Important PhD deadlines and dates
Online application for the September 2014 will open in early Fall this year. The deadline to submit your application, along with ALL your supporting documents and letters of recommendations, is December 10, 2013, Tuesday. We will confirm once your application has been reviewed and considered complete. We will, then, inform you once a decision has been made about your application from mid to late March. If you have not heard from us regarding the status of your application, it is because a decision has not yet been reached.
To apply to the INSEAD PhD, you must submit an online application and upload the required supporting documents described below (including all letters of recommendation) by the early December deadline. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. You must also pay the 50 Euros application fee, which you will be prompted for after you submit your application. If you fail to pay the application fee, your application will not be considered for admission by the PhD Admissions Committee.
To access our online platform please click on the link at the bottom of this page.
1 - ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
All applications to INSEAD are fully electronic and must be submitted online. The application is a PDF document which you can download and edit offline. You will need Adobe Reader Version 7.0 or above which you will be able to download when you access the application platform.
All the required information should be completed in the online application; otherwise, it will not be reviewed by the PhD Admissions Committee.
When your application is complete, it can be submitted by clicking on the "SUBMIT" button when online and the application will be uploaded and submitted to the INSEAD PhD Office.
The application form is comprised of:
1. Your Profile (see online application, sections 1-5): personal information, test results, academic background, professional background, international exposure and activities and interests.
2. Statement of Purpose (see online application, section 2)
3. Statement of Integrity, including electronic signature (see online application, section 7)
2 - RECOMMENDATION LETTERS
Maximum 3 Letters of Recommendation (see online application, section 6) are required from faculty, scholars or individuals who can evaluate the applicant’s academic ability and potential for research and teaching. When requesting recommendations, candidates are asked to use the appropriate online forms. Only 3 electronic recommendation letters are required to complete the application form. Candidates are asked to first enter their personal details in the profile section before providing the corresponding Internet links to their recommenders.
After submitting your application, you will be sent an Application number. You will be able to use it to:
• Upload the required electronic supporting documents.
• Pay online.
• Check your application status.
3 - SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
All supporting documents should be in electronic format and uploaded through our online application platform. Only selected candidates for admission will be asked to provide original copies to the PhD Office to secure their admission in the programme at a later date. Thus, no originals or hard copies should be sent to the PhD Office prior to admission to the programme.
1. Photograph in JPEG or GIF format.
2. Application fee of 50 Euros, which should be paid online by credit card. Your application will not be considered until the correct fee has been received. Please note that this fee is non-refundable.
3. Electronic copy of CV/Resume.
4. Electronic copy of Official Transcripts of Grades and Diploma with certified translation in English where applicable.
5. Electronic copy of original GMAT or GRE score report.
6. Electronic copy of original TOEFL score report. (Note: IELTS scores will not be accepted by the Admissions Committee)
• For Electronic copies of original documents, scanned copies are accepted.
• PDF format only up to 3 MB max.
For further information please refer to the Instructions for PhD Applicants in the online application.
If required please contact our technical support here.