Details & Deadlines
Extended deadline: December 22, Monday (France time)
Due to the maintenance upgrade of our application system in the past week that caused a considerable amount of time lost in starting new applications and completing existing ones, we are extending the deadline to December 22, Monday.
Admissions decisions will be made available by late March or early April. If you have not heard from us regarding the status of your application, it is because a decision has not yet been reached and it is still ongoing.
To apply to the INSEAD PhD, you must submit an online application and upload required supporting documents described below (including all 3 letters of recommendation) by the early December deadline. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. An application fee payment of 50 € must accompany your application, paid online after you have submitted your application form. Without the payment, your application will not be considered for admission by the PhD Admissions Committee.
1 - ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
All applications to INSEAD are fully electronic and must be submitted online. To successfully access the application, you must download or upgrade your browsers to the following minimum requirements: Internet Explorer 9 and above, Firefox 8 and above, Chrome 10, Safari 5 and above, and Opera 10 and above.
All the required information should be completed in the online application; otherwise, it will not be reviewed by the PhD Admissions Committee.
When your application is complete, it can be submitted by clicking on the "SUBMIT" button, and you will be directed to the payment portal to pay for the application fee. Without payment, your application will not be considered for admissions by the PhD Admissions Committee.
The application form is comprised of:
1. Your Profile: personal information, test results, academic background, professional background, proficieny in the English language and other languages, international exposure and activities and interests.
2. Statement of Purpose (under the Supplementary Information section)
3. Statement of Integrity (by agreeing to the terms and conditions when submitting the application form)
2 - RECOMMENDATION LETTERS
Maximum 3 Letters of Recommendation are required and these are coming from faculty, scholars or individuals who can evaluate the applicant’s academic ability and potential for research and teaching. When requesting recommendations, candidates are asked to use the appropriate online forms. Only 3 electronic recommendation letters are required to complete the application.
On the section of Letters of Recommendation, applicants are requested to enter the details of referees, including the 'official' email address (official email addresses do not include gmail, yahoo, or hotmail email clients). Once done, applicants need to click on the link 'Send an email to your recommenders now'.
Important: Refrain from clicking more than once the 'Send an email to your recommenders now' link, to avoid unnecessary email requests sent to your referees.
3 - SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
All supporting documents should be in electronic format and uploaded through our online application platform. Only selected candidates for admission will be asked to provide original copies to the PhD Office to secure their admission in the programme at a later date. Thus, no originals or hard copies of transcripts should be sent to the PhD Office prior to admission to the programme.
1. Photograph (passport sized) in JPEG or GIF format.
2. Application fee of 50 €, which should be paid online by credit card. Your application will not be considered until the correct fee has been received. Please note that this fee is non-refundable.
3. Electronic copy of CV/Resume.
4. Electronic copy of Official Transcripts of Grades and Diploma with certified translation in English where applicable.
5. Electronic copy of official GMAT or GRE score report.
6. Electronic copy of original TOEFL score report. (Note: IELTS score is NOT accepted by the Admissions Committee)
7. Supplementary information survey form that is accomplished and submitted online (part of your online application form, found under the Supporting Documents section).
• For Electronic copies of original documents, scanned copies are accepted.
• PDF format only up to 1 MB max. To compress your attachments to 1MB or smaller, use this online free service http://www.smallpdf.com.
*NB. The Code Centers for the PhD Programme are: 3244 (GRE/INSEAD's PhD in France), 7324 (GRE/INSEAD's PhD in Singapore) and DL3-S8-08 (GMAT). TOEFL code is 3244.
For further information please refer to the Instructions for PhD Applicants in the online application.