IMPORTANT: Please read instructions below before starting your application.
- Recommendations: Click on the link 'Send an email to your recommenders now' on section 08 Letters of Recommendation in order to send the email that contains the recommendation form. It is also important to advise your recommender to use Adobe Acrobat Reader when saving the and making changes to it. For your recommenders to receive the 2nd email that contains the upload link, submit your application way ahead of the deadline. It takes about 48 hours for them to receive this 2nd email. Should your recommenders have any difficulties accessing or saving PDF, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and email address, as well as your application details (name, area applying to).
Do you have any questions about admissions? Visit our Admissions FAQs page or join us for Skype Admissions chat. Add insead.phd to your contact list and chat with us.
To ensure successful application to the programme, complete all applicable fields on the application form (and supplementary information PDF) and submit it along with e-copies of your original supporting documents, statement of purpose and application fee payment on or before the deadline stipulated. Incomplete applications will not be processed nor entertained.
Please note important details before you accomplish the application form. We encourage you to read through the instructions first before contacting the PhD Office, as most of the answers to your questions can be found in the FAQs section of the website.
- Minimium admission requirements, click here.
- Admission FAQs, click here.
- Application form FAQs, click here.
Online application instructions:
1. To successfully access the online application, download or upgrade your browsers to the following (minimum requirements):
a. Internet Explorer 9 or above
b. Firefox 8 and above
c. Chrome 10
d. Safari 5 and above
e. Opera 10 and above
2. Select the appropriate application form corresponding to your chosen area of specialisation. If you are applying for two areas, you need to accomplish two application forms and go thru the complete process of applying (uploading the documents, sending the recommendation links, and paying online).
3. Once you have started accomplishing the application, make it a habit to save it regularly to avoid losing any changes or data. The 'Save' button is found on the right-hand column of your application page.
4. For the photo required, please submit a passport-sized photo.
5. On the 'Supporting Documents' section/page
a. Before you upload any supporting documents in PDF, you need to re-size your attachments to a maximum of 1MB only. There are number of free online software to compress your PDF files into smaller sizes. Examples are http://www.smallpdf.com and http://www.compress-pdf.co.uk/.
6. Letters of Recommendation
a. The letters of recommendation are done online. Your referees will receive an email request that is triggered by the online application, when you click on the link 'Send an email to your recommenders now'. You will be notified, too, that your referees have received this request.
b. When entering the details of your referees, ensure that you enter their correct 'official' email address. Yahoo, gmail, hotmail, outlook, aol, etc are not acceptable.
c. IMPORTANT: Refrain from clicking more than once the link 'Send an email to your recommenders now' to avoid unnecessary email requests sent to your referees.
d. Please note that your recommenders will only be able to provide their recommendation once you have fully submitted your application to INSEAD. Consequently, we strongly encourage you to submit your application a few days before the deadline. After submission, your recommenders will receive a confirmation receipt via email and an upload link where they can submit the recommendation form. They do not have to fill in the form in one go; they can save and come back to it later; however, once submitted, the form can no longer be edited.
7. Once you have completed the application form, submit it by clicking on the 'Submit' button on the right-hand column of the portal. Do not just 'Save' the form, as this will not be considered as submitted.
8. Once you have submitted the form, you will be directed to the online payment portal to pay for the application fee. Please note your order reference # on the payment page to keep and future reference. Without the payment, your application will not be considered for admissions by the PhD Admissions Committee.
To ensure successful application, complete all the applicable fields on the application form, submit it along with ALL supporting documents required for admission including letters of recommendation, statement of purpose and application fee payment on or before the stipulated deadline. Incomplete applications will not be processed nor entertained.
The application platform is currently closed. Admissions to our PhD programme will open in early September 2014 for admission to the September 2015 intake. Thus, our online application will not be available for download until early September 2014. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience. Please email us with any questions: PhD.email@example.com.