Start of online application for September 2016 intake: mid-September 2015
Preferred deadline: 15 December 2015, 2359 hrs Central European Time (CET)
Last day of submission: 02 January 2016, 2359 CET
Some pointers for 2016 intake:
- Take the GMAT or GRE test (or TOEFL, if applicable) at least 3 weeks before the deadline, to ensure that we receive your score results in time. If you are submitting your application before you take the test, indicate your future test date on the supplementary information survey link
- Recommendation letters: Click on the link 'Send an email to your recommenders now' in order to send the email to your recommenders that contains the online form
- Recommenders are required to use the recommendation online form sent to their email addresses
- Recommenders need to submit online the accomplished form using the link sent to them via email. By doing so, your dashboard will reflect the submission status. We will not entertain any updates on recommendation status.
- Your recommenders can submit their forms anytime, even before you submit your application.
- Do not forget to submit the Supplementary Information Survey form as part of your application. This can be found under the Supporting Documents Section of the main application form. To accomplish this form, you need internet connection. Please submit the form only once.
Do you have any questions about admissions? Visit our Admissions FAQs page or join us for Skype Admissions chat. Add insead.phd to your contact list and chat with us.
To ensure successful application to the programme, complete all applicable fields on the application form, including the Supplementary Information Survey form (under the Supporting Documents section) and submit it along with e-copies of your original supporting documents, statement of purpose and application fee payment on or before the deadline stipulated.
Please note important details before you accomplish the application form. We encourage you to read through the instructions first before contacting the PhD Office, as most of the answers to your questions can be found in the FAQs section of the website.
- Minimium admission requirements, click here.
- Admission FAQs, click here.
- Application form FAQs, click here.
Online application instructions:
1. To successfully access the online application, download or upgrade your browsers to the following (minimum requirements):
a. Internet Explorer 9 or above
b. Firefox 10 and above
c. Chrome 10 and above
d. Safari 5 and above
e. Opera 10 and above
2. Select the appropriate application form corresponding to your chosen area of specialisation. If you are applying to two areas, you need to accomplish two application forms and go thru the complete process of applying twice (uploading the documents, sending the recommendation links, accomplishing the supplementary information survey form and paying online).
3. Once you have started accomplishing the application, make it a habit to save it regularly to avoid losing any changes or data.
4. For the photo required, please submit a passport-sized photo. Upload this on the dashboard section.
5. On the 'Supporting Documents' section/page
a. Before you upload any supporting documents in PDF, you need to re-size your attachments to a maximum of 1MB only. There are number of free online software to compress your PDF files into smaller sizes. Examples are http://www.smallpdf.com and http://www.compress-pdf.co.uk/.
b. Accomplish the Supplementary Information Survey form as this contains additional information that the main application could not capture. Internet connection is required to accomplish the survey form.
6. Letters of Recommendation
a. The letters of recommendation are done online. Your referees will receive an email request that is triggered by the online application, when you click on the link 'Send an email to your recommenders now'.
b. When entering the details of your referees, ensure that you enter their correct 'official' email address. Yahoo, gmail, hotmail, outlook, aol, etc are not acceptable.
c. IMPORTANT: Refrain from clicking more than once the link 'Send an email to your recommenders now' to avoid unnecessary email requests sent to your referees.
d. Your recommenders can provide / upload their recommendation letter even if you have not submitted your application to INSEAD. Recommenders need to follow the link on the email to upload the letter to your particular application. If they are recommending you to two areas, they need to upload the form to two separate links that are sent in two separate emails (corresponding to the area you are applying to).
e. Submission status of your recommendation forms are reflected on your dashboard. We will not entertain any recommendation submission status.
7. Once you have completed the application form and uploaded all the necessary minimum admission requirements, submit it by clicking on the 'Submit' button. Do not just 'Save' the form, as this will not be considered as submitted.
8. Once you have submitted the form, you will be directed to the online payment portal to pay for the non-refundable application fee. Please note your order reference # on the payment page to keep and future reference. Without the payment, your application will not be considered for admissions by the PhD Admissions Committee.
To ensure successful application, complete all the applicable fields on the application form, submit it along with ALL supporting documents required for admission including letters of recommendation, statement of purpose and application fee payment on or before the stipulated deadline.
The application platform is currently closed. Admissions to our PhD programme will open in early September 2015 for admission to the September 2016 intake. Thus, our online application will not be available for download until early September 2015. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience. Please email us with any questions: PhD.email@example.com.