Wait for further announcements for admissions for 2016 intake. Applications will start in mid-September of this year, with an early December deadline.
For 2015 applicants, we will be in touch should we require further information or documents regarding your application.
Some pointers for 2015 intake:
- Recommendation letters: Click on the link 'Send an email to your recommenders now' on section of Letters of Recommendation in order to send the email to your recommenders that contains the form.
- Recommenders are required to use the recommendation form sent to their email addresses
- Your recommender must use Adobe Acrobat Reader when saving the PDF to their computer and making changes to it
- The same email contains the link to upload the recommendation form
- Your recommenders can submit anytime, even before you submit your application by uploading the recommendation form via the link provided in the email. Should your recommenders have any difficulties accessing or saving PDF, please email us at email@example.com with their name and email address, as well as your application details (name, email and area of specialisation).
- Do not forget to submit the Supplementary Information Survey Link as part of your application. This can be found under the Supporting Documents Section of the main application form. To accomplish this form, you need internet connection. Please submit the form only once.
Do you have any questions about admissions? Visit our Admissions FAQs page or join us for Skype Admissions chat. Add insead.phd to your contact list and chat with us.
To ensure successful application to the programme, complete all applicable fields on the application form, including the Supplementary Information Survey Link (under the Supporting Documents section) and submit it along with e-copies of your original supporting documents, statement of purpose and application fee payment on or before the deadline stipulated.
Please note important details before you accomplish the application form. We encourage you to read through the instructions first before contacting the PhD Office, as most of the answers to your questions can be found in the FAQs section of the website.
- Minimium admission requirements, click here.
- Admission FAQs, click here.
- Application form FAQs, click here.
Online application instructions:
1. To successfully access the online application, download or upgrade your browsers to the following (minimum requirements):
a. Internet Explorer 9 or above
b. Firefox 8 and above
c. Chrome 10
d. Safari 5 and above
e. Opera 10 and above
2. Select the appropriate application form corresponding to your chosen area of specialisation. If you are applying for two areas, you need to accomplish two application forms and go thru the complete process of applying twice (uploading the documents, sending the recommendation links, accomplishing the supplementary information survey form and paying online).
3. Once you have started accomplishing the application, make it a habit to save it regularly to avoid losing any changes or data. The 'Save' button is found on the right-hand column of your application page.
4. For the photo required, please submit a passport-sized photo.
5. On the 'Supporting Documents' section/page
a. Before you upload any supporting documents in PDF, you need to re-size your attachments to a maximum of 1MB only. There are number of free online software to compress your PDF files into smaller sizes. Examples are http://www.smallpdf.com and http://www.compress-pdf.co.uk/.
b. Accomplish the Supplementary information survey form as this contains additional information that the main application could not capture. Internet connection is required to accomplish this survey form.
6. Letters of Recommendation
a. The letters of recommendation are done online. Your referees will receive an email request that is triggered by the online application, when you click on the link 'Send an email to your recommenders now'. You will be notified, too, that your referees have received this request.
b. When entering the details of your referees, ensure that you enter their correct 'official' email address. Yahoo, gmail, hotmail, outlook, aol, etc are not acceptable.
c. IMPORTANT: Refrain from clicking more than once the link 'Send an email to your recommenders now' to avoid unnecessary email requests sent to your referees.
d. Your recommenders can now provide / upload their recommendation letter even if you have not submitted your application to INSEAD. Recommenders need to follow the link on the email to upload the letter to your particular application. If they are recommending you to two areas, they need to upload the form to two separate links that are sent in two separate emails (corresponding to the area you are applying to).
7. Once you have completed the application form, submit it by clicking on the 'Submit' button on the right-hand column of the portal. Do not just 'Save' the form, as this will not be considered as submitted.
8. Once you have submitted the form, you will be directed to the online payment portal to pay for the application fee. Please note your order reference # on the payment page to keep and future reference. Without the payment, your application will not be considered for admissions by the PhD Admissions Committee.
To ensure successful application, complete all the applicable fields on the application form, submit it along with ALL supporting documents required for admission including letters of recommendation, statement of purpose and application fee payment on or before the stipulated deadline.
The application platform is currently closed. Admissions to our PhD programme will open in early September 2015 for admission to the September 2016 intake. Thus, our online application will not be available for download until early September 2015. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience. Please email us with any questions: PhD.firstname.lastname@example.org.