Applications now open
IMPORTANT: Please read instructions below before starting your application.
For your recommender to receive the email that contains the recommendation form, please do not forget to click on the link 'Send an email to your recommenders now' on section 08 Letters of Recommendation. It is also important to advise your recommender to use ACROBAT Reader when saving the recommendation form and making changes to it.
For your recommenders to receive the 2nd email that will allow them to upload the accomplished recommendation PDF, please submit your application way ahead of the deadline. Your recommenders will only receive the 2nd email within 24-48 hours after you have submitted your application.
Should your recommenders have any difficulties accessing or saving the file, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and email address, as well as your application details (name, area applying to).
Do you have any questions about admissions? Visit our Admissions FAQs page or join us for Skype Admissions chat. Add insead.phd to your contact list and chat with us.
To ensure successful application to the programme, complete all applicable fields on the application form (and supplementary information PDF) and submit it along with e-copies of your original supporting documents, statement of purpose and application fee payment on or before the deadline of December 10, 2013, Tuesday. Recommendation forms need to be uploaded by the referees once they receive the 2nd email that contains the upload link. The 2nd email is sent within 24-48 hours from the time of submission of application. Incomplete applications will not be processed nor entertained.
Please note important details before you accomplish the application form. We encourage you to read through the instructions first before contacting the PhD Office, as most of the answers to your questions can be found in the FAQs section of the website.
- Minimium admission requirements, click here.
- Admission FAQs, click here.
- Application form FAQs, click here.
Online application instructions:
1. To successfully access the online application, download or upgrade your browsers to the following (minimum requirements):
a. Internet Explorer 9 or above
b. Firefox 8 and above
c. Chrome 10
d. Safari 5 and above
e. Opera 10 and above
2. Select the appropriate application form corresponding to your chosen area of specialisation. If you are applying for two areas, you need to accomplish two application forms corresponding to these two chosen areas and go thru the complete process of applying (uploading the documents, sending the recommendation links, and paying online).
3. Once you have started accomplishing the application, make it a habit to save it regularly to avoid losing any changes or data. The 'Save' button is found on the right-hand column of your application page.
4. For the photo required, please submit a passport-sized photo.
5. On the 'Supporting Documents' section/page
a. Before you upload any supporting documents in PDF, you need to re-size your attachments to a maximum of 1MB. There are number of free online software to compress your PDF files into smaller sizes. Examples are http://www.smallpdf.com and http://www.compress-pdf.co.uk/.
6. Letters of Recommendation
a. The letters of recommendation are done online. Your referees will receive an email request that is triggered by the online application, when you click on the link 'Send an email to your recommenders now'. You will be notified, too, that your referees have received this request.
b. When entering the details of your referees, ensure that you enter their correct 'official' email address. Yahoo, gmail, hotmail, outlook, aol, etc are not acceptable.
c. IMPORTANT: Refrain from clicking more than once the link 'Send an email to your recommenders now' to avoid unnecessary email requests sent to your referees.
d. Please note that your recommenders will only be able to provide their recommendation once you have fully submitted your application to INSEAD. Consequently, we strongly encourage you to submit your application a few days before the deadline. After submission, your recommenders will receive a confirmation receipt via email and an upload link where they can submit the recommendation form. They do not have to fill in the form in one go; they can save and come back to it later; however, once submitted, the form can no longer be edited.
7. Once you have completed the application form, submit it by clicking on the 'Submit' button on the right-hand column of the portal. Do not just 'Save' the form, as this will not be considered as submitted.
8. Once you have submitted the form, you will be directed to the online payment portal to pay for the application fee. Please note your order reference # on the payment page to keep and future reference. Without the payment, your application will not be considered for admissions by the PhD Admissions Committee.