Details & Deadlines
Start of online application for September 2016 intake: mid-September 2015
Preferred deadline: 15 December 2015, 2359 Central European Time (CET)
Last day of submission: 02 January 2016, 2359 CET
Application evaluation will commence after the deadline. We will not be able to provide you with any form of feedback from the deadline until the admissions list is finalised in early April. If you have not heard from us regarding the status of your application, it is because a decision has not yet been reached and it is still ongoing.
To apply to the INSEAD PhD, you must submit an online application and upload required supporting documents described below (including all 3 letters of recommendation) by the deadline. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. An application fee payment of 50 € must accompany your application, paid online after you have submitted your application form. Without the payment, your application will not be considered for admission by the PhD Admissions Committee.
1 - ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
All applications to INSEAD are fully electronic and must be submitted online. To successfully access the application, you must download or upgrade your browsers to the following minimum requirements: Internet Explorer 9 and above, Firefox 8 and above, Chrome 10, Safari 5 and above, and Opera 10 and above.
A complete application includes the following: duly accomplished online application form, e-copies (e.g. PDFs) of supporting documents and application fee of 50€. Incomplete applications (missing documents or pages of documents, information or payment) will not be considered by the PhD Admissions Committee.
The application form is comprised of:
1. Your Profile: personal information, test results, academic background, professional background, proficieny in the English language and other languages, international exposure and activities and interests.
2. Statement of Purpose
3. Statement of Integrity (by agreeing to the terms and conditions when submitting the application form)
2 - RECOMMENDATION LETTERS
Maximum 3 Letters of Recommendation are required coming from faculty, scholars or individuals who can evaluate the applicant’s academic ability and potential for research and teaching. When requesting recommendations, candidates are asked to use the appropriate online forms. Only 3 electronic recommendation letters are required to complete the application.
On the section of Letters of Recommendation, applicants are requested to enter the details of referees, including the 'official' email address (official email addresses do not include gmail, yahoo, or hotmail email clients). Once done, applicants need to click on the link 'Send an email to your recommenders now'.
Important: Refrain from clicking more than once the 'Send an email to your recommenders now' link, to avoid unnecessary email requests sent to your referees.
3 - SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
All supporting documents should be in electronic format and uploaded through our online application platform. Only selected candidates for admission will be asked to provide original copies to the PhD Office to secure their admission in the programme. Thus, no originals or hard copies of transcripts should be sent to the PhD Office prior to admission to the programme.
1. Photograph (passport sized) in JPEG or GIF format, uploaded to your profile
2. Application fee (non-refundable) of 50 €, which is paid online by credit card. Your application will not be considered until the correct fee is received
3. Electronic copy of CV/Resume
4. Electronic copy of Official Transcripts of Grades and Diploma / Degree Certificates with certified translation in English, where applicable
5. Electronic copy of official GMAT or GRE score report
6. Electronic copy of original TOEFL score report. (Note: We do not accept IELTS score in lieu of the TOEFL)
7. Supplementary information survey form that is accomplished and submitted online (part of your online application form, found under the Supporting Documents section).
• For Electronic copies are scanned copies (PDF) of original documents
• PDF format < = 1 MB in file size. To compress your attachments to 1MB or smaller, use this online free service http://www.smallpdf.com.
*NB. The Code Centers for the PhD Programme are: 3244 (GRE/INSEAD's PhD in France), 7324 (GRE/INSEAD's PhD in Singapore) and DL3-S8-08 (GMAT). TOEFL code is 3244.
For further information please refer to the Instructions for PhD Applicants in the online application.